Pages

Served with science and class, the new wave of drinks.

Wednesday 21 October 2015

I have only recently discovered the joys of a properly made cocktail and how to appreciate a good spirit. I know I might be quite late to this party but you know...I'm fashionably late so who cares.

I had a small wow, mind blown experience in Copper Blossom in Edinburgh. It's an adorable new bar that has a hint of Laura Ashley about it.....In a good way! Walking down the beautiful hand painted flowery steps while lanterns swayed above me, I knew I would love this place. It's become one of my favourite bars already.

Sure it gets ridiculously busy on a weekend. Everywhere in Edinburgh does, but you really don't mind the wait. The drinks are amazing.....The mind blowing bit happened when they told me they had a lab downstairs! Wait what? I know, I know....I didn't know science went into cocktails either. I now appreciate the costs of cocktails and I've found I take my time with them more. No knocking back overly sweet sugary efforts of a cocktail, made with cheap spirits! This also has the lovely side effect of a much more manageable hangover in case you do over do it.



Copper Blossom make a clear Bloody Mary.....mind blown! They add an enzyme to it and voila it's clarified (probably way more technical than that but you know....science) My drink of choice though is the Crystal Peach.
If you are out and about in Edinburgh then this place is definitely a place to visit.

Funnily enough though if It'd have been this time last year, I wouldn't have appreciated the drinks anywhere near as much as I do now. I have the brand ambassador for Glenfiddich, Mark Thomson to thank for that. I attended the Stewart Christie garden party which Glenfiddich kindly sponsored. There is no way you would have gotten me near whisky before, but Mark took the time to teach me and my group how to actually enjoy it. Before then I had always thought of whisky as more of an older gentleman's drink, definitely not a fashionable tipple.


My opinion totally changed when I got to know the brand a little better, I worked with them at Goodwood seeing people of all (legal haha) ages sipping on whisky. I even have a favourite whisky cocktail now (Old Fashioned)
I think brands are starting to push now to be more accessible to all ages, taking risks and being dare I say more interesting, I mean check out this little Glenfiddich video.....definitely not dust and boring.

Let me know your favourite bars in Edinburgh...Where shall I check out and what drinks do you recommend?

Stay Classy

Kelly xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs