Pages

Winter Lip Velvets...Lime Crime Velvetines

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Velvet is going to be big this winter in all kinds of ways.

We know it comes around every year in fashion and you can head over to the lovely Emma's blog bear and bunny to find out how to wear it on your bod....How about wearing it on your face?

Ok well maybe not gluing big ol lumps of velvet to your face but velvet textures? Yes please!

My favourites for this winter are Wicked and Cashmere from Lime Crime. I will list some other alternatives as I know some people have trouble with that brand. (long story I don't want to get into) I have honestly not found a dupe I like as much as Cashmere itself though.

So here they are swatched on my super pale skin.



I would say cashmere is a surprising colour...I've seen it work on pretty much all skin tones. It weirdly doesn't make me look dead, and I think it would look amazing with the 70s vintage fashion we have going on right now. Its a Greige so basically a sort of greyish beige with just the right touch of pink.


Wicked is a glorious deep red with a wine tone to it. I would match it to the victoriana goth trend, or maybe some beautiful royal blue velvet (guess who has such a velvet cape on it's way haha).


Velvetines I find one of the easier matte lip products to work with. Make sure you give it a good shake up before you use it. It goes on almost watery and dries down very quickly. You will get wear from the inner lip outwards but it almost leaves a cute stain so it's not all bad. I find the cheaper ones wear off much quicker.

Cheaper brands to try are MUA in superdrug, Sleek and Bourjois. I've not seen a colour quite like cashmere though.


Do you have any favourites?


Stay classy


Kelly xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs