Pages

The Printing Press launch party

Wednesday 28 October 2015

I went along to the launch party for The Printing Press on George Street in Edinburgh which is the baby of Des McDonald, who boasts working in The Ritz and The Ivy in London on his CV. We were greeted on arrival by an impressive ice sculpture and a glass of champagne, strong start!


The party had an impressive turnout and the restaurant had been cleared to make way for a fresh seafood cart and an adorable cheese stall to keep the guests fed and happy. 


I'm also a bit of a food snob and the glorious canapés made from fresh Scottish produce that were doing the rounds got me excited to go back for a full meal! I love a menu that changes with the seasons.


Along with spotting a bad foundation match at 100 paces, one of my other favourite things to do is to quaff cocktails. I don't do it all that often as they're quite hard to fit into my macros (An eating plan I follow) so they have to be worth it. And they more certainly were! I had a kitsch treacle based drink served in a treacle tin and a prosecco poured over sorbet...It's the only way to drink it darlings.
I think it is a fabulous addition to George Street. Next time you are in Edinburgh give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Stay classy




Kelly

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs